The ATHE Level 4 Award in Teaching Online
The aim of this new qualification is to support staff in the education and training sector to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills to teach or train in fully online distance learning provision. The qualification will also be useful for those who teach in settings where there is a combination of online and face-to-face delivery known as ‘blended learning’.
The course is for any educator or trainer undertaking a fully online or blended learning course. It is designed for flexible use in different sectors, including schools, further education and training, and higher education.
The course was built by online learning specialists Sero Consulting Ltd and developed by the Inspired Education Group.
The Inspired Education Group.
The qualification will be available from January 2022. There is one live webinar a week, practical tasks, assignments and opportunity to observe and deliver a variety of online teaching approaches with full support from a dedicated group tutor and the Course Programme Leader.
If you have a question about the course or would like more information on a specific subject, please contact [email protected]
The qualification has ten units:
- Introduction to Online Learning and Teaching
- The Context for Online Teaching
- Teaching and Learning with Synchronous Tools
- Teaching with Asynchronous Tools
- Selection and Use of Open Content
- Online Content Development
- Formative and Summative Assessment in Online Learning
- Collaborative Learning
- Teaching and Learning Event Observation
- Self-reflection and Self-development for Online Learning
£1550 + VAT per participant. Group and membership discounts available (£350 off full fee per participant).